life. Nell Stillman is an eminently kind and decent person, yet her author doesn’t give her a break. “Nell lived a long life,cheapjordansretrofreeshipping.com, and in any long life, we have dark days. It would be unusual to create a character who had a sunny life,” says Sullivan,cheap retro jordans, who at age 80 knows something about what’s she’s talking about. “But when Hilly died and John died, I wept,cheap air jordans, I mean really wept. My characters are real to me, and part of making them real is giving them the kind of lives, good and bad,cheap real jordans, that real people live.” She also gives Nell an antidote: The works of British humorist P.G. Wodehouse, which Nell discovers on a community bookshelf and continually returns to over the years as a balm to her trials. Fortunately for Nell, Wodehouse, who is best known for creating Wooster and Jeeves,cheap air jordans, wrote 93 books over his life, and they provide her with decades of solace and entertainment. She even sends him a fan letter, and gets a response. Sullivan believes this bit of fiction is plausible. “He did not correspond with readers as a rule, but he was such a very civil human being, and very aware of people’s feelings, that he did occasionally respond to a letter. I think he would have appreciated Nell’s letter, just as I do when I get one from a reader. In fact, I got one just today. Your heart just expands when you receive a letter,cheapjordansrealfreeshipping.com, it does.” She reread Wodehouse as research Sullivan considers her book a tribute to Wodehouse. As part of her research, she decided she needed to reread his work, a process that