oOo VnSharing oOo

Go Back   Diễn đàn > VnSharing School > English > Giant Oak Tree of Words > Own Works >

Trả lời
Kết quả 1 đến 1 của 1

• Công cụ
  • Hiển thị
      Tham gia ngày
      26-02-2015
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps

[Short Story] What Makes You Unique

“Your purpose is there, waiting for you to discover it.” Laurence Ackerman.

Do you know what makes you unique from anyone else? We think about this question early on in life. When we’re kids, we start forming friendships that go beyond our families and we discover what makes us different or similar to our friends. Each individual has a different story that shapes his or her identity and so do I.

The story began when I was a normal grade 6 student. I used to be a lazy and game-addicted student which makes my parents pretty annoyed. One day, I skipped school to play games in an arcade near my school. My teacher was angry and called my dad to come to school in order to work with the principal and my teacher. They tried to find me everywhere while my mom was staying at home and crying a lot. Finally, dad found me and took me home with his sad face. When we were home, my dad said

"You don't want to study? That's OK, I will burn all of your books !"

I also fainted when i heard that, I held my dad hand and cried
      "No, dad! I want to study, i want to study"

My dad replied:
      "Study ? Arcade ? Which do you prefer ?"

"Study!" I said.

My dad took all of my money in my pocket and said

"Whenever your money come to the arcade, It probably turned into the worst money"

He said and burned the money in front of my eyes. I was surprised at first but then smiled because I knew what he meant. Since that, I tried to convert myself into a hard-working and sociable person. My dad was proud of me when I got a lot of good grades at school and some high prizes in many English contest. Whenever I sad, I think about that story,which shapes my identity to be a hard-working and sociable person, and I am happy and optimistic again.

You matter. You have value in this world simply by being you. Never lose sight of who you are.

Sửa lần cuối bởi iTaurus; 03-03-2015 lúc 21:42.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Đánh dấu

Quyền viết bài

• Bạn không thể đăng chủ đề mới
    • Bạn không thể gửi trả lời
    • Bạn không thể gửi đính kèm
    • Bạn không thể sửa bài
    •  

Theo giờ GMT +7. Bây giờ là 22:23.