Be strong and courageous.
      Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged,
      for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
      Tham gia ngày
      10-11-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps

[Discussion] What do you think about your major?

I think there used to be a post like this one, but it just asked whether you liked your major or not. I want to know what you THINK about your major. How do you view it? Why did you choose it? Do you have any regrets? Have you ever changed your major before?

And to those who have yet chosen their major, I am just curious about what you think you are most suitable for, and why.

I will start first. My major is Hospitality/Tourism Management (so far). I was struck by the beauty of hotels and restaurants, as well as the speed and the busy life inside these buildings. I also want to bring good memories to other people in their vacations, that's why I think this is a pretty interesting industry to be involved in. I might change to business though.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

2. well, i haven't had a major yet but i've dreamt about being a chemist or stuff like that though i wanted to become a businessman when i was little. i just fall in love with chemistry like 1-2 years ago and it's not quite a long time but i think i would determine on my target. At first, this was just simply one of many my mother's advices for me cause she thought people having this major are respected but now i really love the idea of researching, discovering, helping people with their health etc. when i see people working on medical, somehow i just get attracted to it.
      of course, the future isn't unstable and we don't know what stands before us so till now, medical-thing is just a dream i harbour. Maybe i'll reach it someday and maybe i won't. If i weren't able to do that, there no doubt that i would have to find another way out. i don't want to waste my time in any case.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      22-06-2015
      Bài viết
      Blog Entries
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      My major is computer science.
      I still remember when I was a young girl and saw the butterflies flying on the forum layout, I thought: "Is it some kind of magic?". And then I find out that magic comes from Javascript - a programming language: You type in some code line, run it and then butterflies will fly all over your forum.
      I have thought that is the only way to the only magic remained in this world.
      I have loved it so much.
      I thought that I would go the engineer career, but then I find my interest in computer science.
      So I have switched to computer science major and now I am very happy with it.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Nhợn mini
      SP: 370
      Tham gia ngày
      08-12-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      Trích dẫn Gửi bởi Eva Rasta Xem bài viết
      I still remember when I was a young girl and saw the butterflies flying on the forum layout, I thought: "Is it some kind of magic?". And then I find out that magic comes from Javascript - a programming language: You type in some code line, run it and then butterflies will fly all over your forum.
      I have loved it so much.
      I thought that I would go the engineer career, but then I find my interest in computer science.
      Whoa, so surprised that I don't know many computer scientists who is female. Most females in my company are doing the QA - quality assurance or working in the PR department.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Trích dẫn Gửi bởi Eva Rasta Xem bài viết
      I have loved it so much.
      omg, it's amazing. not so many people, even males, could pursuit majors like these. first engineer and now computer science? you must be very elite!
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

I'm a first year student, thinking about majoring in psychology. So far I've taken beginning courses into it and just find it the most useful, interesting topic ever. I think every person, whether or not they want to major in it, should take a course in psychology at least once just to gain insight into why we are the way we are, our functions and processes and how we make decisions, etc.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      26-03-2016
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      I love my major, it is tough as hell, that's for sure. TMI time, I will start a phd program this august, so I better freaking like my major . It's fascinating because it deals with the second greatest mystery of the universe - the brain (the first mystery being the universe itself).
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      16-11-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      Wow, hey, I was the one who started that topic before the forum went down and all that. At that time, I was rather depressed and kind of half venting, half asking for advises since I didn't know what I would do with my major once I graduated. Seeing this topic makes me all nostalgic.

I had majored in Marketing/Brand Management, and graduated just last year. Back when deciding which university and major to take, I wasn't giving it much thoughts. Rather than lazy, I was kind of scared and really had no idea what I want to do. So I went with what I thought I liked at that time - designing logos/icons and creating refreshing/memorable ideas. I thought I could do well if I was to study something related to brand and creating campaigns/ads to promote the idea/meaning behind specific brand in general. Yeah. I know. Confusing, right. I guess I was as confused about the whole thing back then as well.

So after the first two years pursuing the major and still hadn't touched anything at all about what I thought the major was all about, which was designing logos and such, I started doubting my choice. And most of the teachers I met in my university time weren't help either. They're either not very passionate about the subject they're teaching, or they just didn't care in general. Anyway, to make thing short, I was rather fed up with my major and wondered if I should choose another major and start over again. So I started looking around the Internet for similar stories. Which brought me to make a topic about this theme back then.

But after awhile, luckily I met with one teacher and he helped me, indirectly, to pull through. He was my event/pr teacher and studied with him was an eye-opener experience. Of course, at that time, I was still a little skeptical. But gradually, I found myself more and more interesting in the subject of branding and marketing. I'm still lacking much knowledge about this subject, seeing I didn't take additional classes outside university, like some of my friends did. But I think now I want to try and actually work in a marketing department. To actually live what I've learned, and if lucky, to realize my dreams of designing and creating original ideas for ad/campaigns. I'm working in another field right now. But I think I'll be finding marketing related jobs in the near future.

So, to make looong story short, I wasn't happy with my major at first, but I pulled through thank to a certain teacher and am now rather eager to experience it in real working environment.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      22-11-2015
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      Actually, I haven't got much experiences about my major because I'm a freshman. Well, I chose an international program that I'm being taught by foreigners. I had to study English during the first semester, and I just started my second term 2 weeks ago. Subjects that I've been learning such as microeconomic, management, and law. Now, I cannot know what exactly my major is, but at least I like it. I've learnt a bunch of things from these subjects.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      28-05-2016
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      My major is 3D Animation. I remember that I played Final Fantasy and really loved that game's artwork. Since I lived playing game and drawing, I thought I just followed a major could satisfied my needs. However, I really satisfy with my decision. ^_^
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Đánh dấu

Quyền viết bài

• Bạn không thể đăng chủ đề mới
    • Bạn không thể gửi trả lời
    • Bạn không thể gửi đính kèm
    • Bạn không thể sửa bài
    •  

Theo giờ GMT +7. Bây giờ là 13:45.