Be strong and courageous.
      Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged,
      for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
      Tham gia ngày
      10-11-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps

[Discussion] What do you prefer - real books or e-books?

Hi folks. This is just a regular discussion about what kind of book you prefer.

In the old days, paper books were all we have - whether it is dictionary, novel, or bible: all paper. As a result, it is very inconvenient when it comes to carry them and move them around. So they invented e-books. In truth, e-books are great with their versatility, and people can easily access to these “books” wherever we go. However, there have been controversial arguments that e-books are now taking over the concept of “real books”, erasing the traditional feelings when touching papers and reading real letters on a physical book. What are your opinions about this?

As for me, I prefer physical books. It is always easier for me to look at the paper and understand what is written on it, rather than staring at a white screen full of black small symbols. I also like the smell of new books and old books, which certainly cannot be given through e-books.

Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Boo ♥
      Crimson
      Tham gia ngày
      11-11-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      I completely agree. Reading physical books gives me feelings I can never have with e-books. Personally, I find staring at my laptop screen for hours, reading teeny tiny letters always stresses me out. Though, it's easier for me to read manga online, since now I'm so used to it. But that's not really the point lol. Anyway, you just gain another member to your physical books lover club lol.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Well, so we're the same. I love the feeling when touching the paper. Don't know why, but the smell of (real) book brings me peace somehow.
      Sửa lần cuối bởi Ezra Ozaki; 16-11-2014 lúc 04:01.

"In a land of myth, and a time of magic..."
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

I also prefer physical book to an electric book. However, e-books are cheaper, more environmentally friendly and do not take up storage space; so I find myself having a good share of both physical books and e-books, especially when books are so expensive
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

5. This topic is quiet interesting. It reminds me of the old days when I still had to borrow mangas from store to read. Sometimes it was troublesome but the feeling of holding my favourite books in my own hands was great. Oh yes, I still love real, traditional books and prefer them over digital ones. But nowadays, e-books are very convenient to use. I admit that they've helped me a lots in everyday life and that I still reading them even more often that physical books. The only problem here is that your eyes can be put under too much strain when constantly staring at a screen. So, one vote for real books!
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Yeah, I agree. If I was let chosen between a physical book and e-book, I'd choose the first one myself too.
      It is more fun holding a book, and it is always easier to see the texts. Althoung e-books are more convenient, you can bring them everywhere, since having a physical book is more like "reading a book".
      Besides, reading e-books too much stresses you out too.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      16-11-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      I prefer paper books to e-books with similar reasons to those that have already been listed. I love the fresh feel of newly pressed books, and the coffee, moldy smell that it develops with age.
      My only problem with e-books is it's distribution and creator proprietary rights. It's digital nature either makes it easily accessible illegally, or authors are made to negotiate the prices to be hurtful.
      Paper form makes it easier to be shared around also, so it's easier to recommend and share those feelings you may have for the text.

At least, that's what I'd like to believe
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      15-11-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      Needless to say, physical books always bring an interesting feeling. I always like the smell of books. Besides, I have a habit of marking the important parts and drawing funny pictures in the corner of books. So, physical books are more appropriate. Having said that, ebooks are cheaper, everyone can download it easily, and if you just need to some information in any book, not all, a ebook is a right choice. When all is said and done, anything has some disadvantages, some advantages, so, I like both. I will choose a physical book if I want to read a novel, and a ebook will be chosen if I want to find some information.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      14-11-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      they both have their own advantage but to me prefer e book than normal book. It's much more easier to use and free download in the interner
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      14-11-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      Oh,i love paper books.I love the feeling when i touch the paper,it's so wonderful.
      Even though some paper books is expensive,i still love paper books.
      I love the feeling when i hold a book which i have bought in my hand,I just want to scream loud that i had it.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Đánh dấu

Quyền viết bài

• Bạn không thể đăng chủ đề mới
    • Bạn không thể gửi trả lời
    • Bạn không thể gửi đính kèm
    • Bạn không thể sửa bài
    •  

Theo giờ GMT +7. Bây giờ là 18:46.