Kết quả 21 đến 30 của 119

• Công cụ
  • Hiển thị
      Tham gia ngày
      05-12-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      Personally, i perfer use e-book to read real-book. At it simplest, e-book (mosstly) are free and you can download it from any website, So instead of go out and select the book I need,I just have it just from simple click. Furthermore,when reading e-book, thank to the application softwave . I can find information quickly .This very usefull when i have to review lesson or do homework
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      11-11-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      For quick and easy method, I use an ebook reader. Most of my friends think that the moment you read an ebook, you betray your love to physical book. And I don't think so, I don't love books, I love what is crafted, told, held in it. I think that is a bit technical love. I pick what is best for me so I can easily access to informations.

Although, physical books are the best way to transfer emotions (which ebook can't, they can only transfer informations) from the authors to us.
      [CENTER]

xviiix
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

3. I'm totally into physically books.
      We can't deny the convenience of e-books (light weight, easy to carry and sometimes free), however, it's really different when you hold an actual book in your hands. The feeling of flipping the papers, touching the inked words, that's a whole fantastic experience.
      I've been writing stories and posting them online for a long time, however, my biggest dream is to publish a book on my own. Maybe no one will buy it, but I can give them free to my friends with my signature inside.

And here's a fun fact. Sometimes when you're really tired but aren't able to sleep, choose a thick and "boring" book and sit on a sofa and start reading them. E-books with green-light can prevent you from sleeping easily, but physically books can bring you to sleep, then the book can cover your face or be placed on your chest. And other people pass by will think that you're a nerd
      That's something you can't do with e-books
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

4. I love both, e-books and physically books.
      Just as RinWL147 said, the feeling when you read 2 kind of book is totally different. And I totally agree with his/her opinion.
      I just want to say one more thing:
      With physically books, the sentences and the words are more carefully choose and smoother than most of the e-books that I ever read so far.
      But with e-books, it's very convenient, I can carry easily and read in any free time that i have with my handphone.
      I love story, and not any story that i like will be published into physically books so that why i like e-books, cause they can give me many interesting stories.
      But actually when I have money and time, I will choose for me one of my favourite physically books. I love the feeling when touching the books
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

5. Well, I can cover my face with a laptop easily enough. Just kidding though, lol.

Anyway, since most of the things that I read are fanfiction, there is almost no physical book for them, so I read e-book. But really, in my opinion, quick and convenient aside, nothing beats the feeling of holding an actual physical book in your hands.

@RinWL147: You can participate in the writing contest that is held on nanowrimo.org twice a year, and the next time is in April next year if I'm not wrong. One of the winner's prizes is two physical copies of the story that he/she wrote for the contest. The only requirement for winning is that you have to write 50k words in a month. Sounds easy, but not that easy once you actually start doing it.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

6. I agree with the Fanfictions issue...

However, some Vietnamese publishers have started to publish those fictions that get famous online...

@Newbie1104

Thanks! I haven't heard of that... However, how can I suppose to beat such talented people out there, moreover, it's an english contest and my english is obviously not good enough, not even close to have a parking slot :v
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

7. @RinWL147

Well, that contest isn't well-known here in Vietnam. But on major international fiction and fanfiction sites, it's kind of a famous event. I was actually able to meet face to face with a Canada writer who's currently living in Hanoi during the last contest . That was a nice experience.

Anyway, just as I said, the only requirement for winning is to write 50k words in a month. There's no limit on how many people can win the contest, as long as you reached the required word count, you win. It's a wonderful event, so I suggest you to sharpen your English skill and maybe participate next year?

After all, the prices, while can't be exchanged for real money or anything, are still very, I repeat: very, useful. Two physical copies aside, you will get a bunch of nice e-books about writing and publishing. And if you are lucky enough, you will earn yourself a publishing package deal that's worth at least 300$ (again, can't be exchanged for real money, but it's a chance to publish your book, eh?). Not to mention during the contest, you have a chance to talk to and have discussions with other writers, as well as receving advices from professional writers. To me, it's not a bad deal, you know .

Edit: I'm sorry for stealing the discussion. I'm returning it now .
      Sửa lần cuối bởi Newbie1104; 06-12-2014 lúc 21:59.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      10-12-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      Can't say which I prefer since I've found myself investing a huge amount of time and emotion to both printed and e-books.

A printed book brings with it a profound sense of novelty and romance. Holding a tangible book also makes it easier for readers to connect with the story. However, it doesn't mean that stories presented in e-book format have any less substance because the words are still there, the emotion is still there.

I don't think the physical will be dead. It will never lose its place but e-book will thrive too because of its undeniable advantages during this time and age.

The readers will have the pleasure to choose what they like best.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      19-11-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      I love both, real book and e-book. When i was young, i'd read more real books from library where my mother worked for, until i have a smartphone and laptop. It is a part of my childhood. And now, it just have a few book from library in my bookshelf. But i'm agree one thing that e-book is cheaper and user-friendly than normal book. Since i read e-book, i seldom go to buy real book than before the past. Becauce i can take easily a e-book in internet. But sometime, when having a e-book which i like actually, i would buy real book, to collect and store. And sometime when i'm tired and bored with my life, my job, i often go to bookstore. Going to bookstore give me real relaxed. Spending all afternoon in it and buy some book for collection, i feel loose very much.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Tham gia ngày
      15-11-2014
      Bài viết
      Cấp độ
      Reps
      I also like physical book because they are really pretty, and well printed at my place.
      However, I don't read physical book as much as e-book or something on computer/ipad, except textbooks for study.
      E-book is created for convenience. It has its good and bad point.
      But today people are kind of too favor its convenience, so they over used it and made it harder to find some good books' physical copies. It is sad, but the truth is now people think publishing physical books would impact the nature, because paper made from tree. So they want to protect the nature by less publishing physical book and convert them to e-book instead.
      I have complicate feeling for both physical book and e-book. Physical books are kind of too expensive and take space in the house, no matter how we wish for a library-like room as in the movies we watched. Buying and collecting books can be an expensive hobby, wasting time and money for most people.
      Trả lời kèm trích dẫn

Đánh dấu

Quyền viết bài

• Bạn không thể đăng chủ đề mới
    • Bạn không thể gửi trả lời
    • Bạn không thể gửi đính kèm
    • Bạn không thể sửa bài
    •  

Theo giờ GMT +7. Bây giờ là 23:29.