Associated Names
俺と悪魔のブルーズ
我和惡魔的藍調 (Chinese (Taiwan))
Me & the Devil Blues
Me and the Devil Blues

Status in Country of Origin
4 Volumes (Ongoing)

Genre
Adventure, Drama, Historical, Horror, Mature, Mystery, Psychological, Seinen, Supernatural

Author(s)
HIRAMOTO Akira

Artist(s)
HIRAMOTO Akira

Year

Description
"My name is the Blues. And tonight, and every night, I go forth to meet my friend."

Me And The Devil Blues is a horror manga by Akira Hiramoto based on the life of blues musician Robert Johnson and the titular song, "Me and the Devil Blues". RJ, an aspiring musician, makes a Deal with the Devil that makes him the greatest blues musician around at the cost of... well, see for yourself. RJ later finds himself wandering the countryside with a new-found companion, Ike, and later Clyde Barrow. Unfortunately, bad luck seems to follow him everywhere, and he finds himself with more than a few enemies as well. A lushly illustrated series. The series was put into a hiatus in 2006, unfortunately years later publisher Kodansha and Afternoon magazine declared the series as finished, sadly it ends where the author left; if it ever comes back it won't be in the same print.

In 2014 what many thought it was impossible happened, the series had its first new chapter in 8 years since the hiatus, the series is officialy back, now on Young Magazine the 3rd but still published by Kodansha.

(Source: TV Tropes)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend has it that if you take your guitar and stand at a crossroads at the witching hour, the devil will appear. He’ll grab your instrument, play a song, and hand it back to you. You’ll walk away an expert bluesman, but you’ll have to pay the price: your immortal soul.

The year is 1929. Deep in the Mississippi Delta, a young man named R J dreams of becoming a bluesman. R J is a simple farmer who can barely play guitar, but when he takes a midnight stroll, his life is forever changed.

A phantasmagoric reimagining of the life of legendary blues great Robert Johnson, Me and the Devil Blues follows the journey of a man who really did sell his soul to the devil. Why not come along for the ride?

(Source: Amazon)

Me and the Devil Blues won the 2009 Glyph Comics Awards in the Best Reprint Publication category.

**Nội dung ẩn: Để xem được nội dung này bạn phải có số bài gửi lớn hơn hoặc bằng 1.**

--- Generated by 3kGraber tool ---